Seasonal Affected Disorder also known as S.A.D is a type of depression that is related to the change in seasons. It is sometimes known as the ‘winter depression’ as it is usually more severe and apparent during the winter months.
Seasonal affective disorder symptoms, in most cases, appear during late autumn or early winter and disappear during the sunnier days of spring and summer.
Signs of SAD may include:
- A persistent low mood
- Losing interest in activities you once enjoyed
- Having low energy
- Sleeping for longer than normal/finding it hard to get up in the mornings.
- Experiencing changes in your appetite or weight
- Feeling sluggish or irritable
- Having difficulty concentrating
- Feeling hopeless, worthless or guilty
- Appetite changes, especially a craving for foods high in carbohydrates resulting in weight gain.
If you find yourself suffering from S.A.D or have noticed an increase in stress or anxiety and want to follow a more natural healing approach, then acupuncture could be for you.
Here at Gaynor Crozier Acupuncture Clinic, acupuncture is used an effective form of treatment for depression and is highly individualised. It can restore balance, stimulate emotional wellbeing and bring harmony to your mind by removing any blockages and restoring energy flow.
I am excited to help you on your journey to better health and wellbeing, helping you find the freedom you are looking for.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch to book your first confidential consultation here.